Plant Size

Just thought I'd ask this question, before I drive myself crazy. I'm still
plugging away at building my database and came upon deciding how to code
plants by size.

It seems that everyone has a different meaning as to what small means, or
medium, large, very large, etc.

At first, I started with the following categories:

Very Large

Now, I know when talking about plant size, we're referring to it's height,
not width.

Depending on what and where you look, a small hosta is not a small hosta.
For example, if you look at Aztec Treasure, the registration information
says it's 12 inches high. The Hosta Finder categories it as a Medium.  OK.
Then look at Barbara, registered as 10 inches high, but HF says it's a
Small-Medium. Hmmmm.

Perry's True Blue is registered as 20 inches and sold as a large. Aspen Gold
is 24 yet it's a medium, More hmmm's.

When I go to catalogs, I'll find the same plant listed as Medium,
Medium/Large and Large.

Talk about confusing the general public! Does the AHS have a recommended
range to fit the above categories? Are they providing the industry some kind
of standard? Is anybody working on this? If not, can someone recommend that
they do?

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)