Re: What did you do in your garden today?

> Anyway, since it's Saturday, I just wanted to
>know what everyone got done in their garden.

I didn't do much *in* my garden, but I got some new stuff *for* my
garden--Lucy Vitols, Paradigm, Cherry Berry and Leather Sheen. I found a
new (for me) nursery in my area and went a little wild. Turns out the owner
in a member of AHS and was delighted to find another hosta enthusiast. This
was in a tiny town about a half hour away and he told me the name of the
three people in town who have reasonable hosta gardens. He also asked me if
I was interested in Tatoo and/or Embroidery as he's thinking of ordering
them but needs to buy a minimum of 12 plants and so is looking for 12
people who want them. Now I'm trying to decide if I do--well, of course I
do, but are they stable and hardy enough to risk big bucks on them?

In the afternoon, I went to another nursery that sells mostly to
landscapers so the hostas they sell are huge ones. The great thing about
the place is that you can walk around and see full grown hostas and know
what yours will look like someday.  They had this marvelous one called
White Cloud--white leaves with green veins. Absolutely stunning! Not for
sale though--they said not for several years at least. I ran home to look
it up in the Hosta Finder because I wanted one badly--but it's not listed.
It was wonderful.  He had three big plants of it. I assume he's growing it
to split maybe or maybe for a show or something. He didn't say, just that
it wasn't available. <sigh>

So that was my day.  Great bargains in the morning and unfufilled longing
in the afternoon.

Anne
Anne.M.Kolaczyk.1@nd.edu