Re: What did you do in your garden today?

My gardening ventures today.

I am presently doing relandscaping at my church. Went out and bought 4-
5' junipers and a Rhody with a ball that probably weighed 180#. Got to
the church to find that no one had a key, so we could cut down the tree
that is hiding the stained glass with a sawzall. Made it through that
mess. Got the tree out and the Junipers in. Right about the time we were
going to put the Rhody in, a member told us that it couldn't go in. The
stained glass was going to be reworked and a scaffold was to be put up.
Hmmm, I wish someone told me!! As we were finishing cutting up the tree,
the beginnings of a wedding party showed up. Again, Hmmm, I wish someone
told me. Time for highspeed clean up and clear out.

After a nap, I started in on my patio that is being made out of all the
used brick that can be scavenged. Since my local Hosta society will be
visiting next month, we really want it finished. Used up all the brick,
started digging all my edging brick. "real desperation". It is still not
done, but not a loose brick to be found.

In between all this, a friend came visiting. Was able to give her a
clump of Sedum(to make room for a hosta in need of moving) and a
columbine that popped up right in front of my clump of June.

A very busy day for me,

Ray W. z5
Mentor, Ohio