Re: What did you do in your garden today?

Dear all,

Since I had my garden on tour for the Metro Detroit Hosta Society last
Saturday, not much.  I still have to finish the main "weed bed" which I
completely cleared of desirable plants the week before my tour and then
double-dug with loads of peat moss thrown in.  I then replanted and moved
some mature specimins from another garden.  Only about 2/3 to 3/4 done with
that.

I also need to attack the rear gardens and finish clearing and terracing
them.  Last summer, I got 5 truckloads of lava rock from an estate sale where
they were going to tear down the house to build "something nnice."  They
accomplished the former, vote is still out on the latter.   They make a nice
cover for the cinder blocks that are the backbone of the terrace.

Once I finish with these, I'll have to plant the stuff I've been buying all
summer.  Yesterday was the Michigan Hosta Society annual garden tour, and of
course some were selling.  Just had to get a few things.  Didn't fill the
van, though.

All 4 now

Jim