What I did in the garden today.

One of the top 10 days of the year, today....After the cold and rainy early month of June, it was a delight to work out in the garden, But the most exciting aspect of the day, was to see the many increases on the BAPPED (sprayed with BAP 10) hostas, treated May 1.  Some have shown NO increases so far, (the ventricosa things such as L. Coal Miner, L. Black Satin, Tiffany have shown nothing yet.) BUT, Lakeside Shoremaster (My favorite) has 5 new shoots on my single plant.  Even the notoriously slow Fire and Ice has a new shoot from the crown. Too many to list here, but I'm excited with the success so far.  I'm not about to dig them to see when they have their own roots, I'm happy to see a fast clumping plant.  Bob Savage