[Fwd: Needs to be read.......]

Bob, Again I would appreciate this being passed on to our hosta people.  I
knew of this but at the time, it was blocked by the liberal press and that
is a crime so this is the first time I have had access to this material.

I'm sending a copy of this to my congressman and senators to let them know
it is being circulated and that they are committing a crime by allowing the
liberal media to block this type of news.

Thanks, Beth

> > > deeobrien@worldnet.att.net writes:

On Thursday, May 27, 1999, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a
victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was
invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee.  What he
said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was
painfully truthful.  They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was
it received well.

It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every
sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert!  These
courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and
deeply personal.  The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of
men and women.    We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of
violence.  The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the
deaths of  that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must
not be in vain.  Their blood cries out for answers."

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out
in the field.    The villain was not the club he used.  Neither was it the
NCA, the National Club association.

The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found
in Cain's heart.

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly
fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA.  I am not a member of
the NRA. I am not a hunter.  I do not even own a gun.  I am not here to
represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are
responsible for my daughter's death.  Therefore I do not believe that they
need to be defended.  If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's
murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy--it was a
spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame
lies!   Much of the blame lies here in this room.   Much of the blame lies
behind the pointing fingers of the accusers  themselves."

"I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.  This
was written before I knew I would be speaking here today:"

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, soul, and
spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create
a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and reek havoc.
Spiritual influences were present within our educational systems for most of
our nation's history.  Many of our major colleges began as theological
seminaries.  This is a historical fact.

What has happened to us as a nation?

We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred
and violence.  And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy
occurs --politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA.

They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode
away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive
laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors.  No
amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of

The real villain lies within our own hearts. Political posturing and
restrictive legislation are not the answers. The young people of our nation
hold the key.

There is a spiritual awakening taking place that will not be squelched!

We do not need more religion.  We do not need more gaudy television
evangelists spewing out verbal  religious garbage. We do not need more
million dollar church buildings built while people with basic needs are
being ignored. We do need a change of heart and a humble acknowledgment that
this nation was founded on the principle of simple trust in God!"

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two
friends murdered before his very eyes--He did not hesitate to pray in
school.  I defy any law or politician to deny him that right!  I challenge
every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on
April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our
schools.  Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain.

Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation
that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you
who would point your finger at the NRA I give to you a  sincere challenge.
Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain!  The young people of this country
will not allow that to happen!"  Be courageous enough to do what the media
did not--let the nation hear
this man's speech.

Please send this out to everyone you can.