This Year's Convention

Hi All,
Well, I survived the convention.
I have never seen so many lovers of the hosta plant, in one place, at one
Not being in Hostas for a long time(4 years)  I had no idea there were so
many beautiful gardens in my area.
I know since many gardens as I did, after a while I can no longer remember
everything about every garden but....
We saw small lots with lots of hostas, and huge lots with tons of hostas.
Some hostas over 10 years old, and were they ever big. Mass planting and
individual plants like I have. All kinds of styles of gardens, even a nursery
or two.
I did manage to feel I have a long ways to go on my gardens. I sure have lots
more weeds. Nothing as wonderful looking as some I have seen. Somebody made a
comment about he was going to go home and mow it all down and give up...I am
sure he was kidding..but overwhelmed was more I am sure of what he was
feeling. I know I don't have the design talent that some of these gardeners
have. I know I have been though the learning stages and I will get
At one of our dinners My mother and I sat with Ran and his comment about his
up coming book was he might have to rewrite some of it to fit the much bigger
hostas we grow up here.
But we do have a price to pay for all that water...the mosquitoes and bugs. I
know some complained about them...They chased me in the house tonight.
I know it was wonderful to get to meet some of the growers in the vendor
room...and I will be broke for a while. I think between Tony and  Hilltop
I am glad I took this week off to try and get them all planted. And of course
I have some to move now..and just might have to make another garden or two, I
know I have them too close together.
Being my first convention I have nothing to compare this one to but I have
heard it was very successful and everybody had fun. I know it was fun seeing
people from all over the country and world.
At the awards Banquet it was nice to hear Bob Axmear get recognition for all
the work he has done for the Hosta Library. Along with everybody else.
I know our Minnesota people worked so very hard to make it the best ever...
I hope everybody enjoyed themselves. I know I did...