Re: Chemicals and worms

Bob and all,
   I don't remember if it was on this list or another, but someone mentioned
having a "tub" or container just for raising toads and frogs.
I have several water sources in the garden but most are too shallow or have
too many fish for the tadpoles to be very successful.  This year I took an
old bathtub(the old clawfoot type) and sunk it in the ground in my garden.
I put small minnows(daughter caught from pond), no goldfish, koi, etc., to
keep the mosquitoes under control.  I added some water plants from my koi
pond.  Of course I put hosta around the edge.  The tub is on the second
"batch" of tadpoles.  My garden has all these little toads(must be careful
not to step on them) jumping everywhere.  The frogs have also multiplied but
my "vole" cats aren't very nice to them.  I wish God had given frogs the
same defense as the toads.
      The point...everyone needs a Tadpole Tub!  My daughter is going to
make a sign and place it on the edge.  I don't see the slug damage that
other gardens in the area experience.  If a tub is too "tacky" for some, fix
something fancy and invite them in for a midnight swim and a little romance.
Judy in VA