information please

The plant Niagara Falls is listed in the silver book as being sterile.  I
have pods on the plant and pods with it used as a pollen parent.  Can anyone
share their experience with this plant as a parent?  It is also described as
having a pale violet flared flower.  Just how pale is this?  The plant I have
has an all most white flower.  I wonder if this is the right plant?

Red Stepper has lost its nice red color.  Is this normal?  I have seedlings
that still have very red petioles.  Maybe I am making progress in getting the
red to hold through the heat.