Re: Catching Rabbits in Live traps

  • Subject: Re: Catching Rabbits in Live traps
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:02:12 EDT

Stuart, my sentiments exactly. I often leave a couple of havaharts open for unsuspecting wabbits - they present themselves to my gun often enough, but do their worst damage in the early or late evenings, when I am not always in the garden to shoot them.  Unbaited traps work for some reason - probably just a passageway they want to explore.

Speaking of critters, had a rabid raccoon saunter throught the garden yesterday at noon  - my wife Lois was scared when she saw it close up, realizing that a normal coon wouldn't be out and around people like that. It went into the woods before the boys could shoot it. We seem to have rabid fox and coons here too often - they claim it comes on the skunks, but we rarely see those.

Candlewood is slow grower for me - is Blue Nympth from Green Nympth? Please register it if it is my mother's as I don't have any of it.
Thanks, bruce