Re: new hosta at Walmart

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:59:30 -0500

IMO, Walmart is no friend to the Hosta industry.  They price cut and then
make it up on selling candy and clothes.  I don't have any clothes or candy
to sell so I wish they would just go back to killing annuals and leave the
killing of the perennials to the professional nursery people.  <g> We were
doing fine killing off the perennials all on our own without help from these
mass merchandisers.

I did notice that Home Depot has changed suppliers--I believe their primary
supplier used to be Klehm.  I think they found the going rough when you cut
the margins down to pennies.  Good thing they staple the labels onto the pot
otherwise the staff wouldn't even be able to tell you that it was a Hosta...

Hosta la Vista!

Andrew Lietzow
#1 Plantsman at http://HostaHaven.com
1250 41st Street