Re: new hosta at Walmart

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart
  • From: andrewl <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 14:59:35 -0500

Bob wrote:
RE:>>I finally realized in order to compete in life some of these things I have to buy from the big boys.

Okay, Bob, but I don't start by thinking the big boys have many answers.   I go there ONLY when price IS the primary motivation for buying.  I never expect value equal to what my specialty retailer has to offer.

Would I pay $30.00 bucks at vendor ABC for Hosta 'whatever' if I knew that very same item was available at Walmart for $10.00?  Of course not.  But I know what I'm buying.  What about that customer who buys these plants and the guy forgets to mention that they are shade-tolerant plants and probably won't do well in the full sun?   Should they have invested the extra 20 bucks and maybe had a more positive experience?   I'm just not that impressed with them 95% of the time... even if they are "Always the Low Price".

"Business goes where it is wanted, it stays where it is well treated.  Price may offer an inducement, but quality and service offer the reason".

--
Andrew C. Lietzow, Hacker - The ACL Group, Inc.
..Also #1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com ...