Re: new hosta at Walmart/ The Begining Of The End

  • Subject: Re: new hosta at Walmart/ The Begining Of The End
  • From: andrewl <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 15:33:55 -0500

Hi Chick,
Yes, I think you're right.  Now that I have read it again, it has the potential
to be construed as a TRIPLE negative, not just a double negative.  Don't get to
see many of those out in the wild and maybe that's why the statement first
threw me for a loop.  No matter.  'ceptin' for Glen Williams, ain't nobody here
competing for any literary awards.  I'm sure not trying to exercise skills that
I readily admit I do not possess.  :-)

As for your statement, now that you have broken it down, you've raised an
interesting point.  That is one of the reasons that when someone is wanting to
buy to the level where they get a bonus plant, I recommend they let me offer
suggestions.  The GROWER knows a lot more about his stock than the buyer and
can make some good recommendations.  Some $10 plants may not be half the plant
as another $10 plant.

BTW, how about that 'Sweet Home Chicago'?  I'm thinking this is one heck of a
strong grower and a pretty good looker.  Anyone else impressed with that
plant?  And I'm not saying this while having an excess supply in stock that I'm
trying to dump.  I like them SO much I want to keep the few I have all to
myself!  Probably not a feeling the Walmart guy has about his/her supply of
Choo Choo Train right now...

Hosta la Vista!

--
Andrew C. Lietzow, Hacker - The ACL Group, Inc.
..Also #1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com ...