Re: Catching Rabbits in Live traps

  • Subject: Re: Catching Rabbits in Live traps
  • From: BanyaiHsta@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 15:09:15 EDT

What is a sight is catching two baby groundhogs in the same trap. Talk about following too closely.

Good point on putting the traps in the shade to be humane. I should also point out the trouble I went to in drowning my first couple of groundhogs in a pond, throwing the trap in with a rope and weight - works like a charm, but then you have to bury the carcasses. Now we relocate them, although the " nature center" told my wife to tell me they had received their quota (after #10 was delivered ) from the Banyai residence, thank you very much. So much for nature lovers?

We take the rabbits about 1 mile to a city park. After dark. Only shoot the stupid ones, who think they are smart.
bruce