God Save the Queen

  • Subject: God Save the Queen
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:22:09 EDT

President Bush is representing the United States of America on a highly
>regarded state visit to England.
>
>Air Force One stops at a bright red carpet along which the President
>strides to join Queen Elizabeth II in a beautiful, ornate 17th-century
>coach hitched to six enormous matched white horses.
>
>The coach proceeds through the streets of London enroute to Buckingham
>Palace, the Queen and the President waving to the cheering throngs.
Then,
>suddenly, the right rear horse produces a thunderous, cataclysmic
explosion
>of gas that reverberates through the air and rattles the doors of the
>coach.
>
>In the uncomfortable aftermath, the reaction of the two powerful
figures
is
>to focus their attentions elsewhere and behave as if nothing
extraordinary
>had happened.  But the Queen quickly realizes that ignoring what had
>justhappened is ridiculous. She explains, "Mr. President, please accept

my
>regrets. I'm sure you understand that there are some things that even a

>Queen cannot control."
>
>President Bush replies, "Your Majesty, please don't give the matter
another
>thought. You know, if you hadn't said something, I would have thought
it
>was one of the horses."

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this