Re: Walmart hostas and beyond

  • Subject: Re: Walmart hostas and beyond
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:02:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/01 10:56:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<<  don't agree that we need
 some kind of seal of approval to protect us.  People who seek out the
cheapest
 source for anything know what they are doing.  Who are we protecting them
from?

Chick, sometimes people seek the cheapest source because it is all they can
afford.  Sometimes it is all they want to afford.

I am thinking that name brands are something that you can depend on. For
instance if I buy a plant from Mary I know it will be a good one because she
has done all the growing and observing to make sure that she is putting
something out there that people will not be disappointed in.

The person that I buy most of my hostas from does not sell things that he
finds to not be hardy.  If I buy a plant from him that is not a hardy grower
he informs me so I will know what I am getting.  I appreciate his honesty and
his concern for my money.  Sometimes he just gives me a plant that I am
interested in that has been a known failure.  Usually they die for me too,
sad to say.  But I love a challenge.

if I am
appointed Chief of the Hosta Police.  I simply don't trust anyone else to do
it.

Chick, I think you would be a good person for the job, if we should ever
reach that point.  N.