Re: Hosta Availability

  • Subject: Re: Hosta Availability
  • From: "Dan Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:52:30 -0400

Andrew,

I find it interesting that you think you know what the best long term business strategy is for Winterberry Farms. You hardly know their business and yet you seem pretty comfortable telling them what their best business practices should be. You are basically harassing Jim for selling a legal product to willing buyers because you think it is going to cut into your profits.

As far as your poll asking retail vendors if wholesale price list should be available to anyone interested.............It doesn't take a MBA to know what their answers would be.

Are you upset that Q and Z and Shady Oaks sells to anyone interested that meet their minimum quantity requirements too?

I have ordered from all three of these companies and have never sold a single hosta in my life. I'm guessing you believe they should not sell to me either. Who do you think buys six packs of TC liners?

What's your reasoning behind your statement that you don't think hosta prices should be discussed on this listserve? Why should they NOT be discussed here...if that's what people want to talk about?

Like you said......It's a free country.........well......it happens to be a free listserve too......

I feel we are very fortunate to have people here who have a commercial interest in hostas. I would like to see more links to web pages and sales list posted here, it makes it a more exciting place to hang out.

If your hosta business is going to suffer because people know more about the inside of the hosta business then your business plan has serious flaws in my opinion.

Dan