Re: Deer Proof Hosta?

  • Subject: Re: Deer Proof Hosta?
  • From: "Diane" <trueblue@micron.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:51:30 -0400

I was recently speaking with a fellow who has a large hillside planted with
some very old sieboldiana type hostas.  He said he never had a problem with
deer.  Until he decided to add some other hostas to the hillside - Sum &
Substance among them.  He said within a week the newer hostas were eaten to
the ground, but the old sieboldiana types remained untouched by deer.