Re:Sensory Gardens - Diann Thoma

  • Subject: Re:Sensory Gardens - Diann Thoma
  • From: Jim Sherwood <jimwsherwood@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 18:59:45 -0700 (PDT)

Just thought of a couple of items:

I have chocolate flavored mint that grows very well in 75% shade.

The bed is 4' X 5' and the smell carries 3' to 5' as I work around it.

At the Getty Art Museum in LA they have a 60Ft. dia pool with a 10Ft. wide

walk all around that. On the outside of the walk are 10Ft. to 15Ft wide garden bands

planted with 18" tall varigated leaf ornamental garlic on 8" to 12" centers.

The garlic smell fills the whole fountain pool area.

On a smaller scale about 10 plants can be noticed & the leaves can be chopped into salads or pasta.

They are like garlic scallions in bite.  I think I saw pineapple mint at Home Depo today.

Also in the chicago area normal mint works in beds and smells nice.

Jim Sherwood

See the new club for Royality Trusts:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/royalitytrusthidividends

Do You Yahoo!?