RE: Lower the beds , changed from Re: What's Looking good?

  • Subject: RE: Lower the beds , changed from Re: What's Looking good?
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:15:00 -0500

Ray-

Wouldn't this possibly create a problem in winter/spring with water
puddling
and Ice ponds forming over the beds limiting access of oxygen to the
plants
and possibly creating a situation where rot might be induced?  Not sure
what zone you might be in but for me I think this would be disasterous.
had one bed where the water puddled in a very early rain storm where we
got more than 2" this spring then it quickly froze into a pond which
remained for about 2 months.  Most of the hosta in that area died.  I'd
be
cautions of 'depressed beds'.

Just an opinion.

Mike