Re: Your recommendations please

  • Subject: Re: Your recommendations please
  • From: Linda <falkora@smig.net>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:20:19 -0500

P. Bracey,

Some of my favorites, none of which are expensive, which you don't have are:
1.  Paradigm   just got this last year and it looks like a mature
clump this year already!  I think it will get even better.
Gold/blue/green variegation. simply beautiful!
2.  Queen Josephine   vigorous, very shiny green leaf with bright gold margins.
3.  Ming Treasure   you don't have plantiginea!  This is a hybrid?
sport? anyway descended from plantiginea, with huge fragrant white
flowers, green leaves with cream margins.  My favorite fragrant after
'Guacamole', although I got two new fragrants this year, 'Stained
Glass' and 'Redolent Nosegay' that may surpass them all!
4.  Savannah   much cheaper than 'Savannah Supreme'; fragrant, cream
edges, so unless the streaking is what you want, a good substitute.
5.  Second Wind   an all green sport of 'Whirlwind'.  This is a
gorgeous plant, very dark leaves, makes a beautiful mound, much
larger than its parent.