Re: Your recommendations please

  • Subject: Re: Your recommendations please
  • From: Ray W <wie1086@oh.verio.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:59:59 -0400

You have a well rounded selection. Telling you which ones should come next takes all the fun out of hosta hunting.

"P. Bracey" wrote:

The following is a list of Hosta' s that I have in my garden.If you could name your top 5 recommendations to add which would they be?   I found a 'new to me nursery' last week that was selling Tattoo for $50.00 which I've had on my wish list for a couple of years now.  And Savannah Supreme which I'd not heard of before but sure is pretty for $42.00.Having 2 sons in college and just getting my daughter out last year I'm not running over with $$! ;)  Will those prices come down considerably over the next couple of years?One I've added to the top of my wish list is 'Masterpiece'!  I saw a pic of it at Lakeside Acres website, a beautiful Hosta! Abiqua Drinking gourdAugust Moon

Big Daddy Birchwood

Parky's Gold

Brim cup

Color Glory

Dorset Blue

DuPage Delight

Fire and Ice

Fortunei Albomarginata

Fragrant Bouquet

Francis Williams

Fried Banana

Great Expectations

Ground Sulphur

Krossa Regal

Mildred Seaver

Montana Aureomarginata

Pauls Glory

Sieboldiana elegans

Spilt Milk

Sum and Substance

Tiara', grand, golden,

Tokadamu Aureonebulosa

Undulata Albomarginata

Undulata Variegata

Van Wade

Whirlwindthere are a few that I don't know the names.