Re: Bad Hosta Day :(

  • Subject: Re: Bad Hosta Day :(
  • From: "Denise Nakon" <beautbug@tm.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 05:55:52 -0400

Thanks for the reply, Buce. I bought a banana plant last year and loved the
huge foliage on it. I planted it outside and in the fall mulched the heck
out of it. Old Man Winter claimed it. Oh well, live and learn.

Denise

> We do have some people who wrap their biggest banana plants in burlap
layers, similar to sensitive figs, etc.

> No, I haven't tried it - think it would be ok to 10 degrees above zero.
That is our normal coldest day - every few years in single digits, once in
20 years -14.