Re: Banana pics

  • Subject: Re: Banana pics
  • From: "Denise Nakon" <beautbug@tm.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 05:04:49 -0400

Gary, do you have a pic of the Monkey Puzzle Tree?

Mine was a Musa basjoo, also known as Japanese Fiber Banana. It
said....."This is the coldest hardy banana that can survive freezing
temperatures. Can reach 20 ft. with 12 inch trunks."  Got it at Meijers for
$16.00. Wish it wasn't dead. It looked pretty cool outside.

Hi Denise

I just bought into that story myself, I will see how it goes. I am gonna
mulch the heck outta it this fall and hope the rhizome survies. I got a
Monkey Puzzle Tree and it does just fine.
Gary.