Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions...

  • Subject: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions...
  • From: "Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" <Michael.Pinterics@med.ge.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 02:21:34 -0500

Hello all-

I am moving some hosta to a cabin up in the UP of
MI.  We moved 6 or so clumps this weekend.  We have
one left.....   After planting and a good soaking w/
water all were given a good dose of Bitrex (sp?) deer

They are/were planted right along the house and at
'dinner' I had to go out and smack one with a stick
to get it to stop dinning on the hosta.  The deer have
no fear of humans.  I'd love to be able to have a
decent hosta garden as it could be a hosta paradise,
cool, wooded, on the water and wondeful sloaping hill.

Any suggestions as to what if anything will help curb
their consumption?  I know this topic gets alot of
press but I can't remember the names of the *BEST*
sprays or deterants.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Much,