Re: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions...

  • Subject: Re: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions...
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 07:15:39 EDT

Hi all,
Instead of raiding your local Zoo, can I suggest the Predator urine sold at
most hardware store(Ace where hubby has his play job here in town). It has
little Plastic vials with holes in it, and a bottle of the most foul smelling
stuff...
Seems to work here. With all the rain I got a bit complacent and came home
Tim seeing one in the neighbors drive way and as we backed into our drive way
one standing in between their place and my garden. We had a deer crashing
party then...and I let the dogs loose. Brazen little hussies. Ate one leaf
off my Lady Isobel Barrett. Didn't eat the leaf...just bit it off...kinda
disturbed in mid leaf.

Also in the past...I have used the hot pepper wax. which works wonderfully
through the rain..but seems to leave a residue that also attracts dirt.
Bunnies do not like the hot pepper wax...I would have teeth marks on the
hosta leaves...but they didn't eat the whole leaf.

Deer Away also seems to do a good job. And Hinder. but they need to be
reapplied more often when the rains come.
Mary is right..for the bunnies...blood meal works good, and my dogs love it.
They roll in it..and eat it..you get the picture.
You would think with all the grass and such available...they would leave the
hostas be...but Nooo.

Paula Pierce
almost 3 inches of rain last week.