Re: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions.

  • Subject: Re: Most effective Deer Repelant Suggestions.
  • From: DonWachtel@webtv.net (Don)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 15:06:50 -0400 (EDT)

The link that is included  is for a product that a Michigan friend sent
to my neighbor who in turn gave some to me. I have had a bad deer
problem for years and nothing that I tried has worked for long. Not one
hostas has been eaten this year. This may just be a coincidence, I don't
know, but it has worked so far.

The product comes in small cotton bags with a drawstring closure at the
top.  You stick a piece of wire, coathanger, whatever in the ground with
a hook to hold the bag. They are placed 3 to 4' apart and a couple
inches off of the ground to the bottom of the bag. The aesthetics are
not as objectionable as you might suppose. It is said to remain
effective for several months. I do not know what the cost is or
availability.

If this works as claimed and as my experience seems to indicate it could
be a godsend to those with deer problems, depending on the cost of
course.

http://www.greenscreen1.com