Re: library isn't working right now

  • Subject: Re: library isn't working right now
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:52:27 -0500

Arnhild Bleie wrote:
> At 06:17 AM 19.6.01 -0500, Bob wrote:
> >        Seems the server people are doing maintenance to the server so the
> >library is down for a little while. I hope that is the reason why the
> >library isn't working right now.
> ... how is this for the others of you? I tried because I wanted to have a
> look at 'Fire and Ice' whick I can't find in M.Zilis book - and I was told
> the Hostalibrary site was forbidden to me?
> Arnhild Bleie - Hardanger in Norway

HI Arnhild and all
	The library went over the limits as I already wrote. They said there
was unlimited transfer when I signed up but if you read the very fine
print if you actually do transfer alot of data they call it abuse of the
system and the site can be expelled. I tried contacting them all day
yesterday and this morning without much luck yet, they can stall
	They want X amount of money per gig transferred over a certain amount.
I am also going to ask about 2 or more accounts or even domains so the
site can be split into two or three sections and linked together.
	I wish I had a faster connection here than 28.8bps, if I did I could
set up our own server. I don't know what the answer is, it took 18
months for the first 100,000 hits and a little over 5 months for the
next. We will continually have problems at this rate without doing
something major about it.
		Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
		Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/