Re: Library is back up

  • Subject: Re: Library is back up
  • From: "H. WILLIAMS" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:03:41 -0400

Hi Ray

Free is fine, but we have to bear in mind that the site belongs to Bob.
It is Bob's library, Bob's labour that keeps it running, Bob's headache
when things go wrong, and Bob's decision to make when all is said and
done.

Many very excellent sites started out free... and eventually the time
came when they had to receive income or close down, due to the high
traffic and heavy time commitment on the part of the site op.  I am
simply pointing out that I personally would be willing to support the
library rather than lose it at some future time.

That there is a slush fund at present is good, and rather than drain it,
perhaps there should be another benefit auction in the near future.
Since I am located in Canada, sending plant material to the US is a
problem, and I am sure none of you wish to have the irritation of
sending me anything I might bid on, however, I would be glad to donate
plants for Canadian bidders.

Helen