Sea Gulfstream

  • Subject: Sea Gulfstream
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:27:52 -0400

All of the flowers that have opened on my Sea Gulfstream (or it is two words: Gulf Stream?) have had multiple stigmas. When the flower first opens, it almost look likes one, with three receptive areas and (stigma stems? what do you call that part?) fused together, but after the flower has been open for a day or two, they all seperate, and you can clearly see that there are three per flower. Is this unusual? I've not seen anything similar on other cultivars' flowers. What, if anything, does it mean in re fertility?