Re: Multiple Stigma's

  • Subject: Re: Multiple Stigma's
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:05:20 -0400

Hi Mike,

I'll keep you updated as I discover anything about the seed pods (whether they will indeed form multiple pods) however, it seems I've had no luck with pollination so far. It's possible my pollen wasn't ripe enough, though, as I'm seeing only sketchy pollination with any of the plants I'm trying to cross, so far. And it's been really rainy here the last few days, to boot. Maybe I'll leave some flowers to see if the bees can do a better job of it then me!

-A.

"Pinterics, Michael W (MED)" wrote:

Alttara-

Funny you mentioned this.  My H. Filagree flowers started opening today
and I've noticed that they too have this multiple stigma thing going on.

I am wondering if they will, intern, produce multiple seedpods?

I've not seen this before, on any plant come to think of it.  I am
wondering,
aswell, if anybody else is seeing this going on, or if anybody has any
previous experience with this phenom?

Mike
Milwaukee