OK, so it's a cute kid story...

  • Subject: OK, so it's a cute kid story...
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:17:39 -0400

Hi all,

I don't normally do this, but Roy Dales told me to! (grin)(sure, blame it on someone else...)

Zadie, my 5 yr. old, when we went to visit at her future preschool, said
"Look, Mom! They have *HOSTAS!*" (You know, Royal Standard lining the

My son Cullen (3), is my biggest fan, and after planting out a new bed, he
always tells me it's "bootyful". He helps me "multh" my beds, moving the
worms from the compost pile into the new beds, narrating the process of
putting them in their new homes. ("Wums poop. Dat makes food fo your pwants. Dat makes dem gwo big and helfy.")
He swears hostas are his favorite plants, so we'll forgive that when I asked him to point to his favorite, he
pointed out a variegated iris.

When I explained that it was not a hosta, he pointed to 'White Wall Tire', and asked "What's dis pwant?"
I said "That's a hosta." "What's it's *name*?" "White Wall Tire."
"I wike *dat* one. It's bootyful!"

(Hmmm, maybe I should sent this one to Tony Avent, too.)