Tet fertility

Charles
I have a whole bunch of tetraploid hostas ( or Hosta) Unfortunately
most are just dark green like Second Wind. Let first check wether
you have atet or not. If you are interested just send me a offset and
I will measure the total amount of DNA per nucleus
C Falstad wrote:
suppose another good test would be to cross it with a known
tetraploid and see if the progeny are fertile either with it self or other
tetraploids.
I am afraid it works otherwise:
Suppose we have 4 species AA and BB and CC and DD
We cross AA x BB  and get the hybrid AB
We cross CC x DD and get the hybrid CD
Both are made tetraploid so we have AABB and CCDD Both of
these can be fertile. If we cross these two tetraploids
AABB x CCDD we get ABCD and this will likely be sterile with its 4
different chromosome sets!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden