RE: Eagle's Nest (making me eat crow)

  • Subject: RE: Eagle's Nest (making me eat crow)
  • From: "James M. Anderson" <JmaHosta@WinterberryFarms.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:55:38 -0400

Eagles Nest is a variegated form of S&S with dark green leaves and a wide
chartreuse edge.  In TC the plant falls apart into a dark green form (from
the cells in the center of the leaf  --  the possible polyploid cells) and
normal S&S (from cells that form the edge of the leaf).  The plant has
tremendous substance and very shiny leaves.  It can become somewhat
grotesque as it matures and the leave contort and twist.  It is much slower
growing than S&S, making a smaller plant.  The plant is truly unique and at
first glace would look like a sport of S&S.

Jim Anderson