Re: Virus on hosta

Tim (otp) asked if one leaf would suffice.  Dr. Lockhart told Debbie (my friend that brought my Sea Sprite example to him) that my tiny leaf was not enough to check for a virus, but that just looking at it, it didn't appear to have a virus.  BTW, it still looks ok this summer, but it's still very small..maybe 3 or 4 divisions.  I see that in Zilis' book, he says all  Sea Sprites are virused and he includes a pic of Sea Sprite with the virus.
I'm forwarding Tim's and Kate's email to Debbie to ask her how big a sample he needs.  She took another sample to him a couple weeks ago and found out her pycnophylla also was virused :(  It was growing near her other virused hosta from last year...virus x, I think, but I'll confirm with her.
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a