Re: Parentage

  • Subject: Re: Parentage
  • From: Pat Mora <amora44@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:38:15 -0500

Hi Phil:
I could find very little on parentage for the following, sorry.
I would suggest trying the "Searchable Database" on the first page of the Hosta Library for other information associated with each name. All that I have is exactly what is entered in that database. I will be updating soon to add the 2001 registrations. Don't try to enter anything but the name or partial name of each Hosta for a "search" such as "island" instead of Island Charm. Spelling errors are less likely if fewer search words are used.
Would appreciate any parental/background on the following.
Island Charm:      H.'Flamboyant' hybrid; The thick white leaves have a wide medium green margin. Flowers are lavender with dark streaks. This cultivar has been reported to be   difficult and slow to grow but worth the extra trouble, it can be a charmer
Moonlight Sonata            unknown
Reptillian                       unknown
Sitting Pretty                  H.'Reiko' X H.'Amy Aden'
Lakeside Lollipop           unknown
Quilting Bee                   unknown
Kinba                            unknown
Blue Canoe                    unknown
Choo Choo Train             unknown
Thank You
Regards  Phil Little