Re: oil and soap spray for hostas

  • Subject: Re: oil and soap spray for hostas
  • From: "Cindy Johnson" <cidjohnson323@attbi.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:45:44 -0500

Hi Mary,

Just regular cooking oil and you spray it all over the plant.  It needs to be repeated after rains.  A friend of mine told the story of how she used it faithfully on her large gardens last summer where the deer are plentiful.  One day she couldn't get out to spray because she was away and she came home later to find all her hostas eaten by the deer, so she swears by it.  I don't have deer, but the rabbits are becoming more plentiful here in the past couple of years, and so far, so good.
Cindy