Re: Another dumb question

  • Subject: Re: Another dumb question
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:54:01 EDT

Ann,
First there is no such thing as a dumb question. Only thing dumb is not asking the question.

There are 2 sides to the flower debate.

One side enjoys the flowers and lets the flowers go to seed and saves the seeds for the long winters, startes them for fun..knowing full well that most of the seed..unless from a streaky breeder plant might not amount to much.

The other side hates the flowers. They cut the stalks off as soon as they see them.
Positive side to this is you send the energy the plant was using to generate the flower and set the seed back into the plant.
I really suggest cutting the flower stalks off of stressed plants. Or plants you want an increase of size.

As it is a painful process to some who love the flowers..I have found it is it is well worth it.

Paula Pierce
Blaine,Mn