Re: Another dumb question

  • Subject: Re: Another dumb question
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:28:04 -0500

Paula,

I am neither pro nor con flowers.  I'm just curious as to whether they keep on blooming or is there just a first blush of spring flowering and it's over.

>>One side enjoys the flowers and lets the flowers go to seed and saves the seeds for the long winters, startes them for fun..knowing full well that most of the seed..unless from a streaky breeder plant might not amount to much. <<

Do you suppose that the couple of plants that flowered last year in that bed are the source of the two mystery hostas?   I was surprised to even see a flower stalk last year.  But there are two quite small plants that are indubitably hostas toward the street side in that bed.

Ann James
Conroe, TX