RE: More on Hosta Chewing Insects

  • Subject: RE: More on Hosta Chewing Insects
  • From: "Mortko, Robert A. (Rob)" <MortkoRA@bv.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:29:07 -0500

Thanks Clyde, Bruce and others.

If I remember right Zillis has a picture in his Handbook of black vine
weevil damage.

What does sow bug damage look like on a hosta leaf? Are the holes small or
large, round or irregular shaped, along the margin or on the inner-leaf?
Would it be similar in any way to slug damage and thus the confusion?

Thanks again,
Rob in KC