Re: hosta hardiness/need your imput

  • Subject: Re: hosta hardiness/need your imput
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:14:47 EDT

Sorry about that...
The replys just sent without a chance to type...

Yes you can have different plants in different batches of tissue cultures.
Take June for example. I have seen June with a small blue line on the edge, to the blue edges being over an inch or two wide.
Hardiness seems to be working the same way..

Making sure you have no root problems, or bug problems...even aphids.
Sun Power almost died before I figured that one out.

I  know my beds that have the root problems and that will often cause them to get smaller and dissapear.

Some definitely have water problems...
Some of the ones on your list are in my driest beds, And thriving.

Some need the more moist beds.
My Tattoo is in a moist bed with sun.
Radient Edger is in a drier bed with more drainage.

Some need more sun than I thought. But I have to remember I am so far up north, they can take more sun here.

You have to find out what works where you live.
I give them the 3 strike rule. If I get it 3 times and I keep losing it,
after trying it in different beds....I give up.