Re: hosta hardiness/need your imput

  • Subject: Re: hosta hardiness/need your imput
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:02:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/02 6:37:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SECK138@aol.com

<< We all have had hostas that have not done well for us.  Myself I have
 up on summer music, warwick delight, tattoo, fair maiden, white christmas to
 name a few.   The question is always one "Are all divisions of a hostas the
 same?  Can you have different aristocrats for instance?  A plant that does
 very well for me.  Is it location, soil conditions, light conditions,
 planting zone, >>

Well, I have killed two aristocrats, I have a friend who calls it
aristocra_(put a p in there) because he has no luck with it on the bench.
But I will say that Summer Music, Fair Maiden and White  Christmas thrive for
me.  I have divided my White Christmas several times in  the last two years
to share.  It is one of my favorites.

I have lost track of the Royal Tiaras and the Tattoos that I have killed, two
or three of each.  N.