Washed Stone Mulch

  • Subject: Washed Stone Mulch
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:01:29 -0500

Two years ago on a raised bed of large hostas H. Abiqua Elephant Ears', H.
'Silver Anniversery', and  H. 'Niagara Falls', I use a good layer of 3/4"
washed stone mulch. I like the look of it very much and the practicality.
Easy weeding and it sets off the hostas very nicely. I would not use it for
samll timid hostas that would have to use energy to find their way through
the stone , but for the larger ones it seems to work well. Also excellent
at keeping moisture..at least I think so. Any other experience out there.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont