bind weed solutions

  • Subject: bind weed solutions
  • From: BugGirlX@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:18:44 EDT

I have a couple of new ideas for bind weed. I found that taking a small
makeup sponge,.used is ok, and dipping it in concentrated brush be gone, and
then very high nitrogen lawn food, it makes like a paste, then I cover the
bind weed completely with the solution and do not water for over 24 hours.
The next day, the bind weed or the blackberry has died. If you wait till they
bloom as someone suggested, they are all ready too far out of control and
strong. I think they should be killed as some as they appear, and before they
lie down flat on the ground enough to use the dipping solution.

Another idea is only to plant the most common and low priced hostas in the
area, knowing that they are in dangerous location, in case they are touched
by the round up or choked by the bind weed.

If someone does not agree or has another idea, please post it. We are all
trying to find solutions together.
Bug Girl