Re: Tree help...they are too slow!

  • Subject: Re: Tree help...they are too slow!
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:56:46 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/03 11:24:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
alttara@earthlink.net writes:

> Either tall shrubs or small trees. I was thinking maybe pears or
>  plums. Serviceberries, maybe? I think I need to go somewhere and look
>  at a lot of stuff, take notes, refer to my books, etc.

Sarvis trees are great for the birds but I have never seen anything like the
runners that they can put up.  I need to get out there right now and do
something about that with my own service berry.  Ginkos grow slow too and make sure
that you get the kind that does not drop the fruit, I think it is the female
of the tree.  I planted two small Ginkos last year.

Ah, I envy you and your two acres, I will admit that I have managed to fit
quite a few trees into the small property that we have here.  N.