Hosta growth or not?

  • Subject: Hosta growth or not?
  • From: HoroRL@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:23:32 EDT

Good evening, all:

I have two questions for the group: 1. I have several hosta clumps that have
drastically been reduced in size this year, e.g., 'Jack of Diamonds' ~6 yrs
old ['Jack of Diamonds' was never a good grower for me.  However, it the size of
a TC liner this year.], 'Chesterland Gold' ~6yrs old, tokudama Aureonebulsoa
~8 yrs old, & 'Love Pat' ~8yrs old. No vermin damage. 2. What factors hinder a
hosta from sending up new divisions?

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA