RE: what affects hosta growth

  • Subject: RE: what affects hosta growth
  • From: "Mary Chastain - Lakeside Acres" <MC_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:31:21 -0400

The only reason that I began my hybridizing program was that I wanted
something that would grow in the south. Many plants just will not survive
here. In one way it was fun to find that once I have something that grows
here it grows even better in the north but the  other side is when I go
north and see the size of my plants there I feel like crying when I return
home. At that time I stop to be thankful that we can enjoy what we have.
Mary