How did Hosta June get the name "June"?

  • Subject: How did Hosta June get the name "June"?
  • From: "David Wilson" <gdnsplendor@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:07:00 -0400

Greetings,
I am researching Hosta June and wondered if you knew how the name June
came to be applied to Hosta June?

Neo Plants appears to be no longer in business so I am struggling to find
the original people who were involved in selecting and naming it.

I am wondering if it is named after someone called June (a common name in
England) or if the selection was discovered during the month of June.

If you or anyone else can shed some light on this query  it will be
appreciated.

David Wilson
email: gdnsplendor@comcast.net