Re: Using Vinegar/ground fabrics

  • Subject: Re: Using Vinegar/ground fabrics
  • From: butch ragland wilddog_202@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

Slate is clay that hasn't been subjected to a lot of
pressure, not very dense and crumbly. Usually doesn't
have much construction value. Some will crumble and
get denser when walked on. Check your area, it may not
be available because it doesn't have value as fill so
it probably isn't being sold but may be available free
since it doesn't have much value.
But it does work well for a garden path if you like
rock, it will not roll under your feet like pea
gravel. I hate any rock and like to use mulch as a
walkway but I've seen it used well and attractively.
I've always found rock as mulch difficult to keep
organic debris out of creating maintenance problems.
Enjoy what you like. It's all gooooood.

--- Judy Cosler <jcosler@starpower.net> wrote:

> any link to this? sounds interesting.
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:36:52 EDT, you wrote:
>
> >we're using a new walking surface, made of crushed
> slate.  the  look is
> >great, the texture is medium fine, and the color is
> a darl gray.   after a few
> >rains, it sets up like concrete too.
> >our local supplier calls it "trail mix", buti didnt
> see any raisins  or

>   ((((((((
>   ))(/)((

Butch Ragland