RE: unhappy hosta

  • Subject: RE: unhappy hosta
  • From: "Mary Chastain" MC_Hosta@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 08:13:14 -0400

This year my rabbits will not even run from me. I chase them from one end of
the garden to the other. They just turn around and go back up the other
side. I have tried so many traps with no success that I believe that route
is hopeless. I have used bags of mothballs. In some places it seems to have
helped but it may be the rabbits just wanted to move the destruction to
another area.

The squirrels still love any fertilizer that is put in containers or the
garden. Have almost decided it is a waste of money and time to try. Every
plant that goes into the ground has holes dug until every grain is gone.
Last year they got into one of the houses. By the time I discovered it the
agri forms had been removed from over 700 containers. Now we do weekly
checks for holes in the netting.

Everything comes with a price.
Mary